August 2021 Update
Members and Friends of Bethany,
With the recent increase of COVID-19 infections in our area and in an effort to adhere to the guidelines put out by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Linn County Department of Health, the Board of Elders and myself are once again strongly encouraging all of us to wear masks during Sunday Worship and all other activities at Bethany beginning Sunday, August 15. This would include all Bible Studies and Sunday School Classes when they begin to take place.
At this time, this is the only change in our current practices that we plan on making. This means we will continue to sing in services, maintain our current seating arrangement in the sanctuary, and hold events as planned.
I know that this will be disappointing and/or frustrating to some people. However, we feel that this a necessary step at this time so that Bethany may continue share God's love through Christ, while also doing our part to keep people reasonably safe and bring about an end to this pandemic.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call or email me at your convenience. And please continue to pray for those who are suffering from COVID-19 and for the leadership in our congregation as we continue to serve God and His people during these difficult times.
In Christ's Service,
Pastor's Procedures for Services
- Two in-person services are held on Sundays. The 8:30 a.m. service is traditional, and the 11:00 a.m. service is contemporary.
- To maintain social distance, those attending at 8:30 are asked to sit in a pew facing a yellow card, and those attending at 11:00 are asked to sit in a pew facing a blue card.
- We are not taking reservations, and anyone is welcome to attend Sunday services. However, those who are feeling ill or have been recently exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19 are asked to wait before worshiping with us.
- Wearing a mask inside the building is strongly encouraged.
- The congregation is invited to sing in services.
- Holy Communion will be celebrated on the first and third Sunday of the month. During the distribution, ushers will invite one family group at a time to the altar.
- Offering plates will not be passed during the service. Tithes and offerings may be placed in the plates in the back of the sanctuary or worshipers may use one of Bethany’s electronic giving options.
- At the end of 8:30 service, family groups will be ushered out of the sanctuary. Attendees at the 11:00 service are free to dismiss themselves at the end of service.
- Coffee is served between services.
- We will continue to provide online service resources for people to access from home. This way, everyone will still have the opportunity to worship and hear the message.