Sign Up to Attend Service
Sign-up for July 12 services will be open July 6-10.
Please sign up by Friday at 4:00 p.m.
Attendance will be limited to 50 people in the sanctuary. If all 50 slots are filled on SignUp Genius, please call the church office at 364-6026 to be added to overflow seating in the Family Life Center or Gathering Area.
Please read the following information from Pastor Erickson before attending service so that we may safely gather to receive God's blessings through His Word and Sacraments.
Pastor's Procedures for Services
- Starting June 28, two services will be held on Sundays. The 8:30 service will be traditional, and the 11:00 service will be contemporary.
- Attendance will be limited to 50 people in the sanctuary (the estimated number of worshipers that may safely gather in the sanctuary) and seats will be assigned beforehand to ensure both proper social distancing and having the maximum number of people able to attend. If attendance exceeds 50, overflow seating will be available in the Family Life Center and Gathering Area.
- Therefore, those desiring to attend service will be required to sign up the week before (Monday-Friday). A link to SignUp Genius will be on this page, or you may call the church office at 364-6026 to sign up. If the SignUp Genius reaches 50 people, please call the church office to be added to the overflow seating.
- Those who are over the age of 65, have medical conditions that increase their risk of infection or complications, are feeling ill, or have been recently exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 are asked to strongly consider waiting to worship with us another Sunday.
- A mask that covers your nose and mouth must be worn in the church. If you do not have a mask, there will be a limited number of masks available for you at the church. Attendees are also asked to keep 6 feet away from people not in their family group and to make use of the available hand sanitizer.
- Congregation members will not sing during the service. However, there will be limited responses in the liturgy including the Nicene Creed and the Lord’s Prayer.
- Holy Communion will be celebrated every Sunday until further notice. The Distribution during Holy Communion will take place in the following manner:
- After I give the greeting, (“Welcome to the table of our Lord.”) everyone will be seated.
- An usher will invite the first family group to go to the altar. At this point, everyone else will remain seated.
- Upon being invited by the usher, each family group will approach the altar by walking down the center aisle, meeting me at the altar rail on their side of the sanctuary. Communicants are asked to remain standing and to keep their masks on until they have received the sacrament.
- After receiving the sacrament, communicants will return to their seats via the side aisle and dispose of their communion cups in the receptacles placed along the wall.
- When it is safe to do so, the usher will invite the next family group to come forward. This process will repeat itself until everyone has received the sacrament.
- Offering plates will not be passed during the service. Tithes and offerings may be placed in the offering plates located in the back of the sanctuary or worshippers may use one of Bethany’s electronic giving options.
- At the end of the service I will dismiss each family group, starting in the back and working our way forward.
- There will be no coffee, doughnuts, or Sunday School after the service. While discouraged, if worshipers desire to “mingle” after service, they will be asked to do so outside of the building, while keeping a safe distance from each other.
- Those who have signed up to attend will receive an email or phone call at the end of the week with their seat assignments.
- Parish Nurse Ronda Anderson, music leaders, the Board of Elders, and myself will continue to monitor the situation and receive input from other congregation members. If the need arises, last minute changes may be made including the postponing or cancelling of services.
- Since service attendance will be limited, we will continue to provide service resources for people access from home. This way, everyone will still have the opportunity to worship and hear the message.